The advantages of processing significant quantities of data come with a cost. If the data includes the personal data of individuals, the organisation processing the data must ensure it complies with the obligations imposed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation.
European countries, including the UK, already have the most stringent data protection laws in the World. In 2018, those laws are going to be revamped for all EU member states which will result in data protection becoming more central to commercial organisations than ever before.
Complying with the data protection legislation takes many forms. We can provide specialist and cost-effective advice to ensure you comply with all of your data protection requirements including:
- Advising on and drafting data sharing agreements and clauses in commercial documents, privacy notices and internal data protection policies and protocols
- Advising on targeted email marketing campaigns and compliance with the Privacy Regulations
- Advising organisations in relation to compliance with subject access requests, information security and data loss
- Assisting organisations with the management of data breaches
- Delivering training and workshops on a range of information law matters and practical steps for compliance
- Representing clients in relation to individuals' complaints of breach of their data processing rights, both to the Information Commissioner's Office and to Court
If you would like to receive any information regarding our information law services please contact a member of the Information Law team (overleaf) or your usual Bevan Brittan contact.