Bevan Brittan Digital Health Forum: Protecting your innovations
Tuesday 11th September 2018, 4.00pm for a 4.30pm start. Drinks and networking from 6.30pm.
Bevan Brittan's quarterly Digital Forum is part of a series of events bringing together digital health providers (whether start-ups, new entrants or established operators), consumers, investors and funders, industry leaders and regulators operating in the health and social care sector to share views, discuss key issues and explore emerging themes within the digital health tech space.
We are passionate about creating an informal but informative space to exchange ideas, identify and address opportunities and drive dialogue within an ever changing environment for the benefit of healthcare.
Digital Health is seeing the creation of many cutting-edge innovations that improve the management and operations of hospitals and clinical practices and overall, the delivery of safe patient care. Given the significant investment required to develop and implement digital health options and solutions, a key consideration for investors and funders is ensuring that their digital health innovations have appropriate IP safeguards in place.
Our next Forum will be held at the Bevan Brittan London office on 11th September 2018 and will focus on the increasing importance of protecting digital health innovations through effective intellectual property and risk management strategies, taking into account the changing regulatory and data protection environment of the health landscape. The Forum is intended to be an interactive session and an opportunity to exchange views, identify and explore key issues and share knowledge in this developing sector.
Guest speakers at this event include:
- Bevan Brittan speaker- Vincent Buscemi- Vincent is a highly experienced health and social care lawyer who advises independent and public sector organisations on a diverse range of commercial, corporate and regulatory matters, as well as a range of issues relating to powers, decision making and governance arrangements.
- Heather McCann, Partner, EIP – Heather has significant experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for innovation relating to the Internet of Things, security, computer systems and architecture, desktop applications, signal processing, wireless modem technologies, a range of networking topologies and protocols, electronic messaging systems and electronic trading systems
How IP Can Add Value to Your Business
Most businesses are innovative, without actually realising it. If you can identify how your business is being innovative, capture and protect that innovation, you can use it to drive revenue. In this presentation patent attorney Heather McCann from EIP will provide an overview of how IP is relevant to all businesses, together with examples of the ways in which IP can be used to provide a competitive advantage.
- Juliana Bersani, Co-Founder, Outcomes Based Healthcare will be speaking about experiences of protecting and exploiting your intellectual property.
1) Managing IP in our day to day business, from a practical and tactical perspective- copyright, website, publishing and commercial issues.
2) Managing IP protection more strategically- Trademarks and Patents.
3) Reflection on successes and learning opportunities throughout the process
Outcomes Based Healthcare area health data analytics organisation providing outcomes and segmentation insights to integrated care systems, providers and commissioners.
Please be aware that places for the digital health forum are limited. Our clients get priority over non clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily oversubscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least 2 weeks before the event date
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch with you within 3 working days
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date. Will you repeat this ? Even though we may not repeat the specific one, we will be holding other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.
Registering to attend the Digital Forum grants permission to the organisers to use your contact details to get in touch with you about this event as well as other similar events they plan in the future.