The supply of energy in the UK is set to be radically transformed in the coming decades. The challenge of climate change and legally binding targets for carbon reduction; the need for continuity and energy security; and the opportunity that will see the renewables market develop into a multi-billion pound industry are leading to a step change in energy supply and an increase in the scope and number of renewable projects commissioned.
Building on the market leading experience of the Bevan Brittan waste and projects teams, our energy and renewables team are at the forefront of advising public and private sector clients on the procurement, financing, planning, construction and operation of a wide range of renewable technologies. Our advice also covers the fast changing and complex energy and renewable regulations and tariffs that are critical to the viability of these projects.
Our work includes:
- Green Deal: Birmingham City Council (view press release)
- Widescale photovoltaic panel installation for social housing stock and other publicly owned property
- Energy Service Companies (ESCos)
- Onshore wind installation and production
- Energy from waste
- Biomass plants
- Onshore gas plants
- District heating plants
- Combined heat and power plants (CHP)
- Geothermal projects
- Marine projects
Our experience includes:
- Advising Birmingham City Council on the completion of their ground breaking Green Deal procurement with Carillion Energy Services Limited. The scheme is the first in the Government’s Green Deal strategy, the flagship policy for eco-refurbishment and carbon reduction through housing energy efficiency.
- Advising a large municipal authority on the complex and significant procurement relating to its Energy Saving Scheme - the first “Green Deal” project to be procured in the UK
- Advising a local authority and Registered Provider Joint Venture on the procurement and installation of PV panels for over 15,000 houses
- Advising a Local Authority on the procurement, planning and installation of a major on-shore wind facility
- Advising on one of the UK’s largest combined heat and energy (CHP) projects to date. The attraction of government subsidy in the form of ROCs and potentially RHIs saw this project regarded as a pathfinder and flagship project.