I am a real estate lawyer and act for a wide range of clients including registered providers, local authorities, limited companies, unincorporated associations, CASCs and religious institutions. I advise on all aspects of development work including site assembly, freehold and leasehold disposals and acquisitions, development agreements and overage. I have particular experience in social housing, urban regeneration schemes and mixed-use development.
I also have experience in advising on a broad range of commercial property matters.
- Assisted, as part of a cross-discipline team with Clifford Chance, on the highly publicised acquisition of private land business, Gallagher Estates Limited, by L&Q, in a transaction worth approximately £550m.
- Advising an amateur hockey team on the acquisition of a long leasehold interest of school grounds for the construction of all-weather pitches. This involved securing funding from both Sports England and England Hockey.
- Assisting with the acquisition of affordable housing units worth £15.5m within the large scale regeneration around Wembley Stadium Station. Leading on title due diligence for the same client in its proposed acquisition of a further two parcels of land near Wembley Stadium for the construction of 3 mixed use developments with a transaction value of approximately £61m.
- Advising a religious institution on a variety of property matters including the acquisition of land, applications for possessory title and the granting of easements to statutory undertakers.
- Acting for a regional RP in the acquisition of 74 affordable housing units for £6.5m and subsequently instructed by the same client in the acquisition of a development site.