Why work at Bevan Brittan?
Our Business Services teams are vital to the continued growth and success of the firm. That’s why we recruit these specialists carefully, reward them accordingly, and encourage and support them every step of the way.
Business Services include:
- Risk and Best Practice
- Business Development and Marketing
- Information Services
- Human Resources
For more information email email@example.com.
Business Change Analyst
RESPONSIBLE TO Director of Transformation
We have an exciting opportunity to join progressive law firm Bevan Brittan at a time of major change. The UK legal industry is changing quickly and we are looking for someone to work with our Head of Transformation to accelerate the pace of change within Bevan Brittan and help us meet our strategic goals.
Attitude is key; we are looking for someone that is flexible and supportive, that has great organisational skills and has a positive and proactive approach to implementing change. We are looking for a candidate that can champion new ways of working and is a confident communicator. Helping teams find simple and practical solutions to get things done is key to this role.
- To support legal teams in reviewing and improving how they work to deliver even better service to our clients. Finding ways to help legal teams to develop and bring to market new products and services.
- Leading process mapping workshops, creating and maintaining task lists, following up on actions, working with Finance carrying out simple financial analysis.
- Help legal teams identify opportunities to work in more efficient and productive ways, including doing more digitally, to manage and deliver changes to how they work and support teams through the change process. Working across teams to facilitate smooth transition into new models of working
- Support the Head of Transformation across a variety of firm wide projects
- Work closely with the Head of Transformation, initially in a support role and over time develop the skills necessary to carry out and support service delivery innovation on their own
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of law firms and the delivery of legal services
- A good understanding of technology and how it can be used is essential
- Good attention to detail, good organisational skills, training/qualification in project management an advantage e.g. APMP or Prince 2
- Previous experience of business analysis an advantage, particularly process mapping, swim lane diagrams, 'as is' and 'to be', mapping e.g. IIBA or BCS qualifications in business analysis
- Strong desire and ability to learn new ways of working and finding ways to encourage others to adopt new ways of working
- Good written and analytical skills,
- Good ability and experience of writing reports, developing communication plans, writing to inform large audiences
- Great people skills, confident in speaking to people at all levels of the business and able to facilitate group work.
- Happy to work closely with others and on own initiative
- Good IT literacy, good skills in all Microsoft products, knowledge and experience of Visio an advantage
Administrator - Birmingham
DEPARTMENT Business Support Services
RESPONSIBLE TO Business Support Services Team Leader
The successful candidate will work as part of the Business Support Services team to provide the highest level of customer service and support to the firms Case Handlers without direct supervision. This includes, but is not limited to, the efficient and prompt answering of client queries, adhering to all Bevan Brittan policies and procedures, file maintenance and file management, the opening and closing of matters, delivery and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, copying, scanning and completing general administrative duties as required whilst maintaining a steady workflow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Return or add documents to existing client files
- Work with the practice management system to log and record documents
- Handle and administer closed files as requested
- Filing and file housekeeping, to include file opening and file closing procedure
- Understanding and processing of Wills and other principle documents
- Maintain all filing and work areas in a tidy and orderly manner
- Collect file and documents from client areas and return files to shelves
- Sort and distribute incoming, sort and stamp outgoing mail
- Record all incoming/outgoing special mail, messenger and courier companies
- Arrange all deliveries and collection times with mail, messenger and courier companies
- Maintain equipment to a good working order and troubleshoot problems, place service calls when needed
- Prioritise jobs and run them to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- Provide photocopying and scanning as per customer instructions
- Maintaining a busy and constant workflow through verbal or email communication
- Deal with any customer enquires in a prompt and efficient manner
- Anticipate customers' needs and offer assistance wherever possible
- Communicate with customers on any issues
- Follow and comply with the firms Best Practice way of working
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to retain high levels of concentration
- Good organisational skills / keeping track of data
- Must be able to type to a proficient level and be computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Self-motivated & quick learning
- Flexible & enthusiastic team member
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org