Why work at Bevan Brittan?
Our Business Services teams are vital to the continued growth and success of the firm. That’s why we recruit these specialists carefully, reward them accordingly, and encourage and support them every step of the way.
Business Services include:
- Risk and Best Practice
- Business Development and Marketing
- Information Services
- Human Resources
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administration Assistant - Birmingham
DEPARTMENT Business Support Services
RESPONSIBLE TO Business Support Services Team Leader
The successful candidate will work as part of the Business Support Services team to provide the highest level of customer service and support to the firms Case Handlers without direct supervision. This includes, but is not limited to, the efficient and prompt answering of client queries, adhering to all Bevan Brittan policies and procedures, file maintenance and file management, the opening and closing of matters, delivery and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, copying, scanning and completing general administrative duties as required whilst maintaining a steady workflow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Return or add documents to existing client files
- Work with the practice management system to log and record documents
- Handle and administer closed files as requested
- Filing and file housekeeping, to include file opening and file closing procedure
- Understanding and processing of Wills and other principle documents
- Maintain all filing and work areas in a tidy and orderly manner
- Collect file and documents from client areas and return files to shelves
- Sort and distribute incoming, sort and stamp outgoing mail
- Record all incoming/outgoing special mail, messenger and courier companies
- Arrange all deliveries and collection times with mail, messenger and courier companies
- Maintain equipment to a good working order and troubleshoot problems, place service calls when needed
- Prioritise jobs and run them to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- Provide photocopying and scanning as per customer instructions
- Maintaining a busy and constant workflow through verbal or email communication
- Deal with any customer enquires in a prompt and efficient manner
- Anticipate customers' needs and offer assistance wherever possible
- Communicate with customers on any issues
- Follow and comply with the firms Best Practice way of working
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to retain high levels of concentration
- Good organisational skills / keeping track of data
- Must be able to type to a proficient level and be computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Self-motivated & quick learning
- Flexible & enthusiastic team member
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions
To apply for this position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Agencies - Please note we are not accepting agency CV's for this role.
Personal Assistant - Leeds
PA Role definition
A PA's principal role is to provide lawyers with the administrative support they need to provide seamless legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning tasks. The PA will become involved in all aspects of the management and execution of their allocated Lawyers’ day to day workload by providing exceptional and proactive administrative support. The PA will act as workflow manager for other support services including delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work. The PA will take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirements to provide exceptional service levels to both the lawyers and clients.
In line with policies and procedures, key responsibilities include:
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and reminding lawyers of meetings etc on a daily basis.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings etc and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
- Arrange or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations.
- Liaising with Business Development and Marketing regarding arrangements for events and producing marketing material.
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required.
Client relationship management
- Reporting to external clients on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in resolving client queries
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm’s contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Arrange client meetings.
- Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system.
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
Medical Law Specific
- Liaise with court officers regarding details of hearings
- File documents with the court electronically
- Prepare indexes to bundles and arrange pagination, printing and delivery to the court and other parties
- Assist lawyers with setting up urgent new matters which includes liaising with clients and obtaining documents
- Upload and download documents from client databases
- Diarise matter critical dates and reporting deadlines
A PA has responsibility to ensure that their skill set is up to date and they are familiar with the firm’s departments, key personnel, clients, internal systems and procedures. This will ensure that the PA is able to carry out his or her role effectively and, where appropriate, discuss any training requirements with the Team Leader.
In addition to this, they should have/be:
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others.
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method.
Business Change Manager - Bristol
Business Change Manager - Role Description
Department - Transformation
RESPONSIBLE TO Director of Transformation and Operations
We have an exciting opportunity to join progressive law firm Bevan Brittan at a time of major change. The UK legal industry is changing quickly and we are looking for someone to work with our Director of Transformation and Operations to accelerate the pace of change within Bevan Brittan and help us meet our strategic goals.
Attitude is key; we are looking for someone that is flexible and supportive, that has great organisational skills and has a positive and proactive approach to implementing change. We are looking for a candidate that can champion new ways of working and is a confident communicator. Helping teams find simple and practical solutions to get things done is key to this role.
- Leading major change projects that have a significant impact on the firm. Bringing together strong project management skills, with excellent communication and a great understanding of how to lead organisations successfully through major change.
- Supporting legal teams in reviewing and improving how they work to deliver even better service to our clients. Finding ways to help legal teams to develop and bring to market new products and services.
- Leading process mapping workshops, creating and maintaining task lists, following up on actions, working with a broad range of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Help legal teams identify opportunities to work in more efficient and productive ways, including doing more digitally, to manage and deliver changes to how they work and support teams through the change process. Working across teams to facilitate smooth transition into new models of working.
- Support the Director of Transformation and Operations across a variety of firm wide projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Good background in project management and business change. This role brings together project management, business analysis and organisational change.
- Knowledge of law firms or similar professional service firms and the delivery of legal services.
- A good broad understanding of technology and a genuine interest in how it can be used to deliver work more efficiently.
- Good attention to detail, good organisational skills, strong communication skills, training/qualification in project management an advantage e.g. APMP or Prince 2.
- Previous experience of business analysis an advantage, particularly process mapping, swim lane diagrams, 'as is' and 'to be', mapping e.g. IIBA or BCS qualifications in business analysis.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new ways of working and finding ways to encourage others to adopt new ways of working.
- Good written and analytical skills.
- Good ability and experience of writing reports, developing communication plans, writing to inform large audiences
- Great people skills, confident in speaking to people at all levels of the business and able to facilitate group work.
- Happy to work closely with others and on own initiative.
- Good IT literacy, good skills in all Microsoft products, knowledge and experience of Visio an advantage.
Accounting Services Manager - Bristol
Accounting Services Manager
DEPARTMENT Finance (Bristol)
RESPONSIBLE TO Financial Controller
- To provide an efficient and effective transactional accounting service.
- Lead and develop the Finance transactional team and encourage effective team working across the whole of the transactional area.
- To oversee the transactional accounting function of the finance department. This is expected to cover, but not limited to:
- Sales Cycle - incl. client/matter creation, Billing and credit control
- Purchase Ledger including Staff Expenses
- To take charge of the entire transactional cycle to create a seamless process which is less silo driven.
To develop the finance transactional teams and move away from individual silo's.
- Build a strong working relationship with partners/fee earners, business services and team members.
- Develop processes that work with the firm ensuring effective and efficient support.
- Move the transactional teams from a back office team to a pro-active support function.
- Embed a GIRFT (get it right first time) culture.
- This is a senior management position within the finance function which will require management of four direct reports and their teams:
- Purchase Ledger
- Credit Control
- Ensure Performance Management process is embedded with direct reports and their teams, e.g. everyone has appropriate SMART objectives which support overarching team objectives. Regular 1-2-1s are held and feedback provided
- Oversee transactional areas as above ensuring all time deadlines are met and can do attitude is instilled.
- Improve finance processes through and in conjunction with Team Leaders
- Maintain accounting controls by updating and maintaining finance policies and procedures.
- Oversee investigations into any financial discrepancies.
- Provide accounting procedure and SRA support to the firm by researching and interpreting accounting policy and SRA regulations.
- To be able to deal with complex and difficult problems putting forward workable and efficient solutions.
- Development of system process improvements linking between all transactional processes of the finance function. This will involve working with fee-earners, secretaries and within the finance team, to develop working groups and new ways of working.
- Be the champion of change, implement and follow through on any change agenda solutions.
- Make recommendations that are considered and effective to improve service delivery
- Ability to undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
Key Finance/Systems Knowledge:
- A new role requiring a proactive, solutions-focused approach.
- Previous law firm and management experience.
- Significant transactional finance experience.
- Ability to embrace change and develop new ways of working.
- A good understanding of VAT and VAT rules and the ability to apply these to the working environment.
- An excellent knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and the application of these to the working environment.
- Excellent numeracy and excel skills.
- Knowledge of Elite 3e desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of the Money Laundering regulations.
Junior Business Change Analyst
Junior Business Change Analyst - Role Description
RESPONSIBLE TO Director of Transformation and Operations
We have an exciting opportunity to join progressive law firm Bevan Brittan at a time of major change. The UK legal industry is changing quickly and we are looking for someone to work in our Transformation team to accelerate the pace of change within Bevan Brittan and help us meet our strategic goals.
Attitude is key; we are looking for someone that is flexible and supportive, that has great organisational skills and has a positive and proactive approach to implementing change. This is an exciting opportunity to work within an experienced team that will provide training and development, enabling you to work towards becoming a successful Business Analyst.
- Work closely with and providing support to members of the Transformation team on projects.
- Setting up meetings, creating and updating project documentation, drafting reports, carrying out testing of software, systems and processes, capturing and reporting back test results.
- Chairing meetings, capturing decision and writing up notes.
- Support process mapping workshops, creation and maintenance of task lists, following up on agreed actions.
- Understand the benefits of online technology, becoming an expert in creating and developing online data rooms.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of law firms and the delivery of legal services
- An understanding of technology and how it can be used to improve service delivery
- Good attention to detail, good organisational skills and a desire to develop as a Business Change Analyst
- Previous experience of supporting projects and process mapping is preferable
- Strong desire and ability to learn new ways of working and finding ways to encourage others to adopt new ways of working
- A strong communicator with a logical mind-set, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation and across all teams
- Some travel will be involved going to each of the offices as project work demands
- Happy to work closely with others and on own initiative
- Good IT literacy, good skills in all Microsoft products, knowledge and experience of Visio an advantage