Why work at Bevan Brittan?
Our Business Services teams are vital to the continued growth and success of the firm. That’s why we recruit these specialists carefully, reward them accordingly, and encourage and support them every step of the way.
Business Services include:
- Risk and Best Practice
- Business Development and Marketing
- Information Services
- Human Resources
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reprographics Assistant - London
The Reprographics assistant will work as part of a team to provide the highest level of customer service, performing all operations requested by a customer without direct supervision. This role will cover several of our service areas and will require a high level of multi-skilling.
This includes, but is not limited to, the efficient and prompt answering of client queries, adhering to all Bevan Brittan policies and procedures, courteous interaction with clients following the Bevan Brittan protocols for this service, completing all work within the SLAs and assisting with completing general administrative duties as required.
You will be able to recognise and translate the client’s needs into a responsive service.
Key responsibilities (This roles includes, but is not limited to -)
- Collecting reprographics requests from designated areas, correctly completing & filing these.
- Returning completed jobs to designated areas / client.
- Ensuring that all equipment is fully stocked and operating correctly.
- Scanning, copying and printing of documents as requested.
Archive and document management
- Process all personal papers for storage, including wills, power of attorney and title packets.
- Complete all documentation relating to items that are to be archived & or retrieved.
- Ensure the practice management system is updated to correctly record the location of all items.
- Act upon the client's instructions to close, archive & record all files being issued to storage.
- To assist in the collation of information on this service area for the monthly reports.
- Ensure all paperwork & tracking sheets are correctly completed.
- To be aware of the day to day health and safety requirements surrounding working area.
- To immediately raise any health & safety concerns to your manager or team leader.
- To participate in any on site health & safety audits or assessments.
- Any other reasonable request made by your line manager
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to retain high levels of concentration
- Good organisational skills / keeping track of data.
- Must be able to type to a proficient level and be computer literate.
- Effective communicator at all levels, both written and oral.
- Customer focused & well presented with a professional manner.
- Self-motivated & be a quick learner.
- Be flexible & a hands-on team member.
A Bevan Brittan employee:
- Is able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Is able to handle complaints & ensure the appropriate course of action is taken to resolve them.
- Works with accuracy & has an eye for detail.
- Always considers the best interests of the company & the customer.
- Is able to suggest improvements & best practice.
- Is proactive in identifying opportunities for service & process improvements & cost savings.
- Has a pleasant, warm and friendly demeanour.
- Takes personal pride in their work & personal appearance.
- Is flexible & committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Works to adhere to all policies & procedures as set out in the company handbook.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Administrator - Leeds
DEPARTMENT Business Support Services
RESPONSIBLE TO Business Support Services Team Leader
The successful candidate will work as part of the Business Support Services team to provide the highest level of customer service and support to the firms Case Handlers without direct supervision. This includes, but is not limited to, the efficient and prompt answering of client queries, adhering to all Bevan Brittan policies and procedures, file maintenance and file management, the opening and closing of matters, delivery and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, copying, scanning and completing general administrative duties as required whilst maintaining a steady workflow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Return or add documents to existing client files
- Work with the practice management system to log and record documents
- Handle and administer closed files as requested
- Filing and file housekeeping, to include file opening and file closing procedure
- Understanding and processing of Wills and other principle documents
- Maintain all filing and work areas in a tidy and orderly manner
- Collect file and documents from client areas and return files to shelves
- Sort and distribute incoming, sort and stamp outgoing mail
- Record all incoming/outgoing special mail, messenger and courier companies
- Arrange all deliveries and collection times with mail, messenger and courier companies
- Maintain equipment to a good working order and troubleshoot problems, place service calls when needed
- Prioritise jobs and run them to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- Provide photocopying and scanning as per customer instructions
- Maintaining a busy and constant workflow through verbal or email communication
- Deal with any customer enquires in a prompt and efficient manner
- Anticipate customers' needs and offer assistance wherever possible
- Communicate with customers on any issues
- Follow and comply with the firms Best Practice way of working
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to retain high levels of concentration
- Good organisational skills / keeping track of data
- Must be able to type to a proficient level and be computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Self-motivated & quick learning
- Flexible & enthusiastic team member
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Assistant - Leeds
PA Role definition
A PA's principal role is to provide lawyers with the administrative support they need to provide seamless legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning tasks. The PA will become involved in all aspects of the management and execution of their allocated Lawyers’ day to day workload by providing exceptional and proactive administrative support. The PA will act as workflow manager for other support services including delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work. The PA will take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirements to provide exceptional service levels to both the lawyers and clients.
In line with policies and procedures, key responsibilities include:
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and reminding lawyers of meetings etc on a daily basis.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings etc and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
- Arrange or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations.
- Liaising with Business Development and Marketing regarding arrangements for events and producing marketing material.
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required.
Client relationship management
- Reporting to external clients on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in resolving client queries
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm’s contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Arrange client meetings.
- Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system.
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
Medical Law Specific
- Liaise with court officers regarding details of hearings
- File documents with the court electronically
- Prepare indexes to bundles and arrange pagination, printing and delivery to the court and other parties
- Assist lawyers with setting up urgent new matters which includes liaising with clients and obtaining documents
- Upload and download documents from client databases
- Diarise matter critical dates and reporting deadlines
A PA has responsibility to ensure that their skill set is up to date and they are familiar with the firm’s departments, key personnel, clients, internal systems and procedures. This will ensure that the PA is able to carry out his or her role effectively and, where appropriate, discuss any training requirements with the Team Leader.
In addition to this, they should have/be:
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others.
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method.