I am a partner in the Clinical Risk Department and ...
No organisation can avoid receiving a complaint. The management of complaints however will impact on the organisations reputation, quality of service and even staff morale. What starts as a minor grievance can rapidly escalate into a major conflict unless those issues are addressed to the satisfaction of the complainant.
Our Medical Law Complaints Specialists have a wealth of experience in the dealing with complex complaints and are frequently instructed on behalf of organisations to advise on strategy, management of vexatious complainants and associated topics including –
- Review of Complaints Policies;
- Compliance with the NHS Complaints Regulations (1st Stage)
- Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman referrals (2nd Stage);
- Resolution of long-term or multi-faceted complaints;
- Subject Access Requests by complainants/prospective complainants;
- Freedom of Information Requests by complainants/prospective complaints;
- Vexatious complaints, harassment and intimidation;
- Training for staff in managing complaints; and
- Injunctive Relief.