The ambition (promoted by Heatnet Chief Executive Peter Anderberg) is to make Stoke-on-Trent a district energy 'hub' for business in the rapidly growing district energy sector in the UK.
The day was structured into a series of presentations and round-table discussions 'stoking' (excuse the pun!) some extremely interesting discussion and views from some of the leading experts in the district energy sector.
Bevan Brittan experience
Bevan Brittan has market leading expertise in the district energy & heat network sector. We have advised on some of the major projects that have signed to date in London and other cities in the UK - from significant area wide decentralised energy networks to projects forming part of major residential/regeneration developments.
Our team has a 360 degree experience of advising all the parties (both public and private) that may be involved with a district energy project including Local Authorities, Universities, NHS Trusts, Housing Associations, Property Developers, Funders, Energy Generators, Contractors (across a range of Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Maintain (DBFOM) structures), ESCOs and supply chain members including technology, manufacturers and suppliers.
How can we help you?
We advise on all the relevant commercial and legal aspects for a energy network project including:
- structuring and corporate issues
- ESCo creation – both public and private sector vehicles
- procurement and utilities regulations issues
- vires, state aid and competition law
- contracts for design, construction and installation of a heat network
- operation, maintenance, metering and billing contracts
- connection and development agreements
- contracts for the funding arrangements
- heat and electricity supply contracts – both residential and commercial
- energy regulatory and licencing issues
- planning, property, access and land matters.
Please let me know if you are interested in finding out more? We would be very happy to come and meet you to discuss your district energy plans.