The next industrial revolution is already underway, saving costs, improving efficiency and opening up markets for those that embrace it.
Insider hosted a forum on the impact technology is having today on manufacturing, and how it can be quickly adopted by SMEs. Our panel of industrialists, technologists and advisers looked at immediate opportunities, and how targeted investments made now can transform long term prospects. We looked at how manufacturing SMEs need to reposition and refocus to take full advantage: how they are staffed, how supply webs will change, whether they should acquire to secure IP, supplies and new markets.
- Charlotte Horobin, region director, Midlands & East of England, Make UK
- Jonathan Wright, director, Six Degrees
- Monica Macheng, partner, Bevan Brittan
- Peter Bruch, managing director, AE Aersopace
- Paul Nicholson, group MD, WHS Plastics
- Karen Boswell, managing director, Baxi
Host: Kurt Jacobs, editor, Insider Media