I advise a range of clients, including local and central government, NHS bodies and registered housing providers on public procurement law.
In particular, I advise on structuring procurements, procurement documentation, evaluation criteria and questions, bidder clarifications, debriefing and standstill. I have experience in advising on the ‘light touch’ regime, concession contracts and on Teckal and Hamburg structures for shared services arrangements.
I also have experience of other aspects of EU regulatory compliance, including state aid and competition law issues and I recently completed the King’s College EU Competition Law Diploma.
I have written a short-form book on the impact of Brexit on public procurement law, which was published by Routledge.
Catherine's areas of expertise
- Central Government & Agencies
- Construction & Engineering Overview
- Construction and Engineering Contracts
- Energy from Waste
- Housing & Regeneration
- Local Government
- Social Care
- Social Enterprise & Mutuals
- Resources & Waste
- Waste Collection
- Waste and Energy PPP Schemes
- Strategy & planning
- Procurement preparation
- Running the procurement process
- Procurement after contract award
- Procurement Training & Guidance
- NHS Commissioning
- Procurement clarification
- Obtaining procurement process information
- Standstill debriefing
- Managing the risk of procurement challenge