I am a Property Lawyer specialising in regeneration.
I act for a wide range of public and private sector organisations, developers and investors in relation to the acquisition, development, disposal and management of real estate assets. I have particular experience in acting for developers in relation to large mixed-use schemes and in the education sector.
- Advised Sellar Property Group on a £500m joint venture and forward funding agreement with Notting Hill Housing Trust, set to transform Canada Water in London’s Docklands. The scheme involves construction of 1,000+ homes for sale or rent, including 230 affordable housing units, together with a 100,000 sq ft store pre-let to Decathlon, a cafe, restaurants, shops, an art house cinema and offices. Around the dock, the area will be opened up as public space and feature new walkways, cycle paths and improved access to Canada Water station. A community sports facility and health centre will also be provided.
- Acting for a developer on its acquisition of a development site for 320 new homes in Mid-Sussex. Providing strategic development advice on a number of technical issues through the planning process including overage, relocating a local travellers' site and prescriptive rights of way, and advising on a subsequent forward sale and development agreement with a housebuilder.
- Advising Alumno Developments on its acquisition, financing, pre-letting and forward funding of student accommodation-led schemes with £200m+ gross development value in London, Birmingham, and Norwich. Two of the schemes involved entering into development and lease arrangements with the local council as landowner, with the key objective of driving regeneration.
- Acting for a housebuilder in connection with acquisition of several major development sites in London and Stevenage, each providing for several hundred homes. One of the deals involved entering into a landowners' agreement with another housebuilder governing mutual rights and responsibilities as adjoining sites were built out.
- Advising London Borough of Hounslow on its Civic Centre relocation project and related residential development programme for 950 new residential units, including involvement of Lampton 360 Limited, the Council's housing delivery vehicle.
- Part of the team advising London Borough of Ealing on its £1bn Southall Gateway development creating significant new retail space, a wide range of leisure and cultural opportunities and significant new public infrastructure, as well as providing a platform for delivery of over 6,000 new homes.
- Advising Carlyle Group in connection with a major town centre site for mixed-use development. Providing strategic development advice and negotiating pre-lets with a retailer and a hotel operator as anchor tenants. Subsequently disposing of the site.
- Advising London Borough of Harrow on arrangements for development and sale of various of its property assets for housing purposes through its housing development subsidiary.