I act for developers, funders, landlords, tenants, retail operators, renewable energy operators and public sector clients on the full range of property disciplines. I advise clients on regeneration projects, residential and commercial development, disposals and asset management. Much of my work involves delivering development schemes and generating income and profit sharing for land owners, public sector bodies and private developers through joint ventures, collaboration agreements, land promotion agreements and other contractual arrangements.
Notable transactional experience includes:
- acted for a public sector client on its £110 million loan to refinance an oil refinery;
- acted for a developer on a mixed use development scheme to promote a sports stadium for redevelopment to include retails shops, hotel, with a hybrid option agreement to enable the developer to purchase part of the site for the development of 600 residential units;
- acted for a NHS Foundation Trust on its £120 million strategic partnership/estate optimisation scheme to identify commercial and income generating opportunities to deliver a main entrance retail arcade, a hotel, a patient facilities/buildings, on office block (as part of a space utilisation project to consolidate the Trust's back office function), and disposals of surplus land to generate income streams and improve patient services;
- acted for a developer to secure the land assembly of seven parcels of land through option agreements and conditional contracts in a city centre regeneration scheme for the mixed use development of 800 residential units, retail units and leisure facilities;
- acted for local authorities the National Health Service, Welsh Government and the Ministry of Justice on their regeneration and disposal programmes advising on property and development, and resolving and managing OJEU procurement, public law, governance and constitutional, state aid, best value, vires issues in delivering the schemes; and
- acted for an Italian renewable energy company on the acquisition and disposal of 50 solar parks.