I act for developers, funders, landlords, tenants, retail operators, renewable energy operators and public sector clients on the full range of property disciplines. I advise clients on regeneration projects, residential and commercial development, disposals and asset management. Much of my work involves delivering development schemes and generating income and profit sharing for land owners, public sector bodies and private developers through joint ventures, collaboration agreements, land promotion agreements and other contractual arrangements.
Notable transactional experience includes:
- Advising a public sector client on its £110 million loan to refinance an oil refinery.
- Advising Welsh Government on the disposal of Waterstone, Milford Haven to Egnedol for the £650 million development of a jetty, biomass plant and business park.
- Advising eleven of the top twenty house builders on all types of transactions, including advising on site acquisition and assembly; option agreements and strategic work; planning applications; statutory agreements; securing complex overage provisions and advising on construction issues.
- Advising a NHS Foundation Trust on its £120 million strategic partnership/estate optimisation scheme to identify commercial and income generating opportunities to deliver main entrance retail arcade, a hotel, a patient facilities/buildings, an office block (as part of a space utilisation project to consolidate the Trust's back office function), and disposals of surplus land to generate income streams and improve patient services.
- Advising local authorities, the National Health Service, Welsh Government and the Ministry of Justice on their regeneration and disposal programmes advising on property and development, and resolving and managing OJEU procurement, public, law, governance and constitutional, state aid, best value, vires issues in delivering the schemes.
- Advising a NHS Foundation Trust on its £40 million estates rationalisation programme to identify commercial and income generating opportunities, including the implementation of a leasehold asset management system, which increased rental and service charge income to £3 million per annum and freed-up capital for other strategically important projects (included in the Chambers & Partners Guide).
- Advising ESRG Group on a mixed use scheme to promote a sports stadium for redevelopment to include retails shops, hotel, with a hybrid option agreement to enable the developer to purchase part of the site for the development of 600 units.
- Advising NHS bodies on all types of development and asset management transactions including strategic public sector work (for example the £7.4 billion estates transfer of part of the NHS estate to NHS Property Services Ltd).
- Advising a developer to secure land assembly of seven parcels of land through option agreements and conditional contracts in a city centre regeneration scheme for a mixed use development of 800 residential units, retail units and leisure facilities.
- Advising a developer on the acquisition and development of three Grade II listed buildings for the development of 170 residential units.