I am dual qualified Barrister and Solicitor (England and Wales and Australia) with over 15 years' experience acting for institutional clients across a broad industry sector on a range of high-value, multi-jurisdictional and complex litigation, mediations and regulatory investigations, involving taking lead responsibility for and management of legal teams, counsel and expert engagement.
- Acting for a financial services regulator in relation to the recovery of approximately £100 million connected with a complex multi-jurisdictional corporate structure involving local and complex cross border insolvency issues; recovery proceedings to judgment (at first instance and on appeal) in a number of jurisdictions covered by the Supreme Court of the Eastern Caribbean; and the on-going involvement and management in the liquidations of corporate entities based outside the UK.
- Acting for a local authority in relation to a judicial review application High Court of England & Wales (Queen’s Bench Division – Administrative Division) which proceeded to a permission hearing challenging two decisions relating to the allocation of funds towards the demolition of a Theatre and the redevelopment of the site; R (Save the Futurist Theatre (Scarborough) Limited v Scarborough Borough Council, unreported decision, Kerr J, 16 June 2017 denying permission.
- Acted for acting for Bahrain based commercial entity in relation to a claim in the High Court of England & Wales (Queen’s Bench Division – Financial Court) against a leading financial institution concerning issues of negligent misrepresentation, negligence, contractual breaches in relation to an Islamic financial instrument and approximately worth US$650 million.
- Acted for acting for US based Hedge Fund in relation to a claim in the High Court of England & Wales (Queen’s Bench Division – Financial Court) against a leading financial institution concerning issues of negligent misrepresentation, negligence, contractual breaches in relation to an Islamic financial instrument and approximately worth US$50 million (and inter-connected and jointly Court managed with the US$650 million claim).
- Acted for an oil trader in relation to a fraud claim in High Court of England & Wales (Queen’s Bench Division – Commercial Court) involving multiple claimants and defendants arising out of trading oil in developing nations and involving a worldwide freezing injunction with a value of approximately US$350 million.
- Acted for a the owners of a professional football club in relation to judicial review proceedings at first instance in the High Court of England & Wales (Queen’s Bench Division – Administrative Division) challenging a local authority decision to lend £14.4 million to a third party raising issues of competition, state-aid, improper purpose and ultra vires; R (Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Ltd) v Coventry City Council  EWCH 2089 (Admin)) and interlocutory issues of disclosure, permission to lead expert and further factual evidence arising from judicial review proceedings; R (Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Ltd) v Coventry City Council (No 2)  EWHC 1747 (Admin)).
- Acted for the liquidator of a large insurance company in a Supreme Court claim in Australia against Executive Directors and Corporate defendants in relation to misleading auditors, the publication of misleading financial accounts and breaches of statutory duties and approximately worth AUD $500 million.
- Acted for a liquidator of a complex corporate group in a Supreme Court claim in Australia against over 20 Australian and international financial institutions in the recovery of monies relating to antecedent transactions entered into shortly prior to the insolvency of the corporate group and approximately worth AUD $1.5 billion.
- Acted for in excess of 20 individuals in relation to the combined regulatory investigation (Health & Safety Executive and Environment Agency) arising out of the Buncefield oil depot explosion.
- Acted for a train operating company in relation to a contractual claim against the network owner and with an approximate value of £25 million.
- Acted for a network infrastructure owner in the prosecution of multiple party and cross-jurisdictional actions in Australia dealing with tort, indemnity and contract liabilities and with an approximate value of AUD $20 million.