I am a property specialist with particular experience in dealing with large portfolio transactions as part of regeneration schemes. Over the past 10 years, I have advised a range of clients that include local authorities, NHS trusts and registered providers.
- Advising East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust on the disposal of eight sites for £23 million for residential development and health facilities. The sale included complex title issues, overage and an option for the Seller to re-acquire some of the sites.
- Part of the the team advising East & North Hertfordshire NHS Trust on the disposal of the former QE II hospital site for £16.5 million for residential development and a new care home, to include the sale of the freehold reversionary interests to the current hospice, nursery and short term housing occupiers. The sale included complex overage and planning conditions, and the relocation of the telecommunication operators.
- Advising a NHS Trust on the sale of the freehold reversion of land adjoining the main hospital site for residential development. The sale included numerous conditions precedent to be satisfied and the surrender of a telecommunication operator lease.
- Advising Shropshire Council on the property aspects of the redevelopment of a residential care home and supported living accommodation to a registered provider. This was a complex transaction which involved the grant of a 25 year lease, permitting the tenant on the fifth anniversary of the term to redevelop the site and on completion of the new facility, the surrender of the existing lease and grant of a new lease for 125 year term.
- Advising Nottinghamshire County Council on the property aspects arising from the establishment of a new registered mutual company to operate local library and cultural services from existing facilities. The transaction included the negotiation of 66 leases to the new entity.
- Advising a local authority on all property aspects on the grant of leases for three sites for public health services.
- Advising on the property financial transaction for a local authority, including one involving the grant of a legal charge for the design and construction of a data centre together with a car park and other ancillary facilities.
- Advising on various property finance transactions for lenders taking legal charges on commercial development land and housing stock held by registered providers.