I am a corporate lawyer advising clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, including share and asset disposals and purchases, equity investments, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and general company law matters. I have particularly strong experience in equity investments, having advised both investors and investee companies on over 150 investments of between £50,000 and £8 million. I also advise on all aspects of corporate governance, including matters relating to Articles of Association, Shareholders’ Agreements and directors' duties issues.
The clients I act for come from a wide range of backgrounds, and include owner-managed businesses, SMEs, investment funds, entrepreneurs and multi-national companies. I also have a particular focus on the independent health and social care sector (including: care homes, domiciliary care, dentists, pharmacies and GP surgeries) and healthcare professionals. I pride myself on avoiding the ‘one size fits all’ approach, by having a keen sense of commercial awareness and tailoring my advice to meet each client’s particular needs.
- Advising the owners of an Irish (with predominantly UK-based manufacturing sites) food labelling and packaging manufacturer in connection with a €100m disposal to a Spanish purchaser.
- Representing a care home operator in connection with the disposal of a large national care home group to multiple purchasers.
- Advising a client in connection with a £35m acquisition and refurbishment of a residential care home.
- Advising a venture capital investment fund on over 100 investments and follow-on investments, and also advising the fund on several successful exits.
- Advising an institutional investor on an £8m share and loan note investment in a plant hire business and two subsequent follow on investments of £2m.
- Acting for a US-based purchaser in relation to a £22m acquisition of a UK-based pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Acting for a life sciences business incubator in connection with a £2m private equity investment.
Promotion Spotlight 2021: Peter Francis
Corporate Transparency and Register Reform
Peter Francis is excellent. Highly experienced, thorough, commercial – and very personable too!