I am a banking and finance lawyer specialising in housing finance, with a particular focus on social housing finance. I have acted for a variety of both borrowers and lenders, including registered providers of social housing, corporate borrowers, bank lenders and institutional investors.
I have experience acting on a range of funding matters, including debt capital markets transactions as well as syndicated and bilateral loan facilities. I am very familiar with private placement transactions with either European or American investors into the social housing sector, having acted on several note purchase issues for UK housing association issuers.
I regularly assist on real estate finance transactions, with these often involving cross-jurisdictional debt restructuring and simultaneous refinancing.
- Assisting with a large housing association’s £250m bond issuance, merger and subsequent group restructure and related refinancing
- Acting for a G15 Housing association on a £175m private placement to US investors with a mixture of secured and unsecured notes
- Acting for a large housing association on a £150m secured private placement with a US investor
- Acting for a housing association on their debut private placement
- Acting for a bank on a £100m facility agreement to a housing association
- Acting for a corporate borrower with a cross-jurisdictional security structure in a last minute refinancing exercise over properties in North London
- Acting for an institutional investor in its first private placement in the social housing sector