I am a New Zealand qualified disputes lawyer with experience in dealing with complex and novel disputes.
Before joining Bevan Brittan, I worked in large law firms in New Zealand as a commercial and regulatory litigator, working closely with a range of government agencies and private commercial clients. In addition to this civil experience, I worked as a Crown prosecutor at the Office of the Auckland Crown Solicitor, where I appeared regularly as Counsel in the District Court and High Court conducting jury trials and other criminal hearings.
I graduated from the University of Auckland with an Honours degree in Law and a Bachelor of Arts. I hold a Master of Laws from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Thomas's areas of expertise
- Central Government & Agencies
- Administrative and Public Law
- Regulatory challenges
- Judicial review
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Breach of warranty claims
- Litigation & dispute resolution
- Partnership & shareholder disputes
- Criminal Regulatory
- Health and Safety Investigations
- Police Investigations – Corporate Manslaughter and Gross Negligence Manslaughter
- Insolvency & Asset Recovery
- Asset Tracing and Debt Recovery
- Insolvency procedures and disputes
- Investigations & Inquiries
- Internal Investigations and Inquiries
- Inquiries and Reviews