I am an experienced local government and healthcare lawyer and I have been working with public sector clients for almost twenty years. I specialise in commercial, contractual and related procurement advice to a range of local government, healthcare and other public sector clients. I advise clients on commercial contract matters from general advisory work, to complex procurement, outsourcing and alternative delivery models for public services. I also specialise in collaboration agreements within the public sector, health and social care integration and have worked on a number of integration and joint working arrangements between local authorities and the NHS.
My clients include local authorities, NHS commissioners and NHS Trusts and emergency services clients. I have also worked in-house within local authorities, managing their in-house legal Commercial Teams and have advised on a whole range of procurement matters, commercial contracts, collaboration and partnership agreements, grant funding and general constitutional advice.
I am currently advising on contractual arrangements for an Extra Care Housing Project for a local authority client, assisting clients with variations to their Leisure Services Contracts and drafting and amending various contractual terms and conditions ranging from social care services to tree planting. I enjoy working alongside public sector clients and their internal teams, helping them to have the best possible impact and deliver the required outcomes for their local communities and populations.
- Advising on the drafting and establishment of a number of Framework and Call-off Contracts for both local authorities and Central Purchasing Bodies;
- Advising on National Frameworks and Call-off Contracts across a range of services and sectors;
- Advising on complex contracts for a range of public services, including Child Exploitation and Missing Services, which involved various public sector bodies and multi-agency stakeholders collaborating and working together;
- Drafting standard terms and conditions for the delivery of public services;
- Advising on contract management, contract variations and general contracts advisory work;
- Advising on contractual terms for innovative technologies to assist the delivery of social care;
- Advising on and drafting Section 75 Agreements;
- Advising on spin-out of local authority social services to Local Authority Trading Companies and Social Enterprises;
- Advising clients on urgent procurement and contracting in relation to their response to the Covid 19 pandemic; and
- Advising on projects for alternative methods and different models for the delivery of public services.