Seminar timings: 10:00 – 15.30
Registration for this session will open at 09:30 and lunch will be available.
In November, Bevan Brittan's specialist Court of Protection team is hosting practical update sessions in Bristol, Birmingham, London and Leeds. These sessions will focus on practical issues that practitioners, commissioners and providers encounter in matters engaging the Court of Protection; covering relevant legislation, guidance and case law and their impact on managing incapable patients. They will offer guidance on the sort of problems that are faced by front-line practitioners and service planners. The sessions are aimed at all those working in organisations responsible for the care of vulnerable or incapable people both as care providers or commissioners.
Key topics at the Annual Court of Protection Seminars include:
- What to do when a deputy/family member is not acting in the best interests of the patient - Simon Lindsay, Partner, Bevan Brittan
- Mediation in the Court of Protection – Hannah Taylor, Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Safeguarding – Care Act vs. Court of Protection, which regime? – Julia Jones, Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Case law update – Claire Leonard, Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Serious medical treatment post the abolition of Practice Direction 9E – Clementine Robertshaw, Associate, Bevan Brittan and Alice O'Donoghue Solicitor Bevan Brittan
- Liberty Protection Safeguards and update on DoLs – Ruth Atkinson-Wilks, Solicitor, Bevan Brittan and Simon Lindsay, Partner, Bevan Brittan
Who Should Attend?
- Legal Managers
- Mental Capacity Leads
- Mental Health Leads
- Health and Social Care Practitioners
- Safeguarding Leads
- Head of Commissioning
- Head of Continuing Healthcare
- Commissioning Case Managers/Co-Ordinators
- Commissioning Panel Members
- Divisional Directors/Managers/Programme Leads for Mental Health and Learning Disability
- Directors of Nursing
- Directors of Quality/Patient Safety
- Medical Directors
This training is free.