Bevan Brittan promotes 14 lawyers
The law firm Bevan Brittan has announced a total of 14 new appointments in its year-end promotions round.
With effect from May 1 2018, eight legal professionals have been promoted to senior associate, and a further six have been appointed as associates. The promotions involve all four of the firm’s offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and London.
New senior associates are:
- Kevin Dawson (Property, Bristol)
- Liz Fletcher (Commercial and Infrastructure, Bristol)
- James Gutteridge (Employment, Birmingham)
- Kirtpal Kaur-Aujla (Commercial and Infrastructure, Birmingham)
- Kate O'Brien (Property, Bristol)
- Lucinda Price (Commercial and Infrastructure, Bristol)
- Andrew Spicer (Commercial and Infrastructure, Bristol)
- Matthew Walsh (Property, Leeds)
New associates are:
- Aimee Cottam (Property, Bristol)
- Chris O'Donnell (Clinical Risk, Birmingham)
- Annette Parker (Medical Law, Bristol)
- Clementine Robertshaw (Clinical Risk, London)
- Marie Shoulder (Clinical Risk, Birmingham)
- Trevor Watt (Procurement and Commercial disputes, Bristol)
Duncan Weir, managing partner at Bevan Brittan, said:
“I would like to congratulate everyone who has been promoted this year, and also commend them for their hard work and professionalism. The appointments demonstrate the evolving quality and strength in depth we have among our people across the firm. "
“The appointments reflect the increased business activity we are seeing nationally and in particular in the Midlands and the north of England.”
The promotions also follow strong performances by the firm in independent guides to the legal profession. In the Legal 500, the firm has 70 recommended individuals in the 2017 directory, up over 60 percent from last year’s 43, while the number of ‘leading lawyers’ has doubled to eight. In Chambers 2018, Bevan Brittan was ranked in 18 practice areas (up one from last year) with four areas achieving Band 1 ranking.