Registration: 09:30 - 10:00
Seminar: 10:30 - 12:30 followed by lunch
This seminar will look at dealing with complaints from the public and investigations by the Local Government Ombudsman. We will cover the LGO's statutory scheme as well as more practical issues around complaint handling.
- Update from the LGO
- The definition of maladministration;
- The LGO's approach to service failure;
- The meaning of injustice;
- Matters outside of the LGO's jurisdiction;
- Procedure and conduct of investigations;
- Complaints handling
- Dealing with unreasonable complainant behaviour;
- Investigation outcomes and remedies; and
- Learning from complaints and investigations.
- Virginia Cooper, Partner at Bevan Brittan LLP
- Olivia Carter, Senior Associate at Bevan Brittan LLP
- Nigel Ellis, Local Government Ombudsman
- Sharon Chappell, Local Government Ombudsman
Who Should Attend?
- Legal Officers
- Customer Services Officers
- Complaints Handlers
This seminar is FREE CPD points: 2.5
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited and are often over subscribed. Our clients get priority over non clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily over subscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation.