Seminar timings: 10:00 – 15.30
Registration for this session will open at 09:30 and lunch will be available.
The pace of change in mental health law gives rise to a range of challenges for mental health professionals, both clinical and in management. These seminars will give an outline of what those changes mean for day to day practice as well as how they will affect the structure and policy behind mental healthcare provision.
Key topics at the Annual Mental Health Seminars include:
- Strategic issues in mental health - Simon Lindsay, Partner, Bevan Brittan
- What should you expect at a Mental Health Act inspection? - Julia Jones Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Serious incidents in a modern healthcare world; a holistic response – Hannah Taylor, Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Collaboration between mental health and housing - Julia Jones, Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Case law update – Clementine Robertshaw, Associate, Bevan Brittan
- Mental healthcare for adults in emergency departments - Hannah Taylor, Senior Associate, Bevan Brittan
Who Should Attend?
- Mental Health Leads
- Mental Health Act Managers/Administrators
- Health and Social Care Practitioners
- Safeguarding Leads
- Head of Mental Health Commissioning
- Divisional Directors/Managers/Programme Leads for Mental Health and Learning Disability
- Directors of Nursing
- Directors of Quality/Patient Safety
- Medical Directors
- Legal Services Managers
- Risk Managers
- Consultant Psychiatrists
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Nursing representatives
- Patient Safety Leads
- Community Mental Health Teams.
This training is free.