Registration: 09:30 - 10:00
Event: 10:00 - 13:00 including mid-way extended networking refreshments break
This focussed half day seminar is designed to look at some of the practical issues in connection with personal data / special categories of personal data from the perspective of health organisations once the GDPR takes effect on 25 May 2018.
09.30am – Registration and Refreshments
10.00am – start
The first session will cover –
Background to the GDPR;
New definitions introduced by the GDPR;
Data protection principles under the GDPR;
The new conditions for lawfully processing data
- Article 6 conditions – general personal data,
- Article 9 conditions – special categories of personal data,
- Exemptions in the draft legislation.
There will be a focus on particular conditions relevant to the health sector.
We will also consider some case studies in terms of the application of the GDPR conditions within a health context.
11.15am – Coffee & Pastries – Networking opportunity.
11.45am – Resume
The second session will cover –
The GDPR and the Access to Health Records Act 1990;
The rights of data subjects
- Subject Access Requests under the GDPR
- Rights of Rectification,
- Rights of Erasure,
- Rights of data subjects to object to processing,
- Restrictions and Notifications with regards to processing activity.
Regulation and Enforcement
- Management of breaches under the GDPR,
- Liability for breaches under the GDPR,
- Sanctions which can be imposed – maximum fines have increased.
13.00 – Close
Please be aware that this seminar is not designed to focus on organisational procedures and processes which should be in place to ensure compliance with the GDPR as at 25 May 2018.
Attending this training is completely FREE of charge. The session will include an extended refreshments break giving you the opportunity to meet fellow attendees and direct your questions to the speakers.