CHALLENGING YOUR GOVERNANCE FUNCTION (in partnership with DTP)
As housing association structures, activities and funding becomes increasingly complex, our seminars will consider the role of the Company Secretary and Audit and Risk Committees in light of current and future demands.
You are welcome to attend one session, or both.
MORNING: Re-thinking the role of the Company Secretary
Our speakers, Angela Lomax (DTP) and Sarah Greenhalgh (Bevan Brittan LLP) work with a wide variety of housing associations, which adopt very different models when it comes to the Company Secretary role. We will also hear from a client speaker.
We will explore the legal and regulatory requirements of the role, how it has changed over time and look at consistent themes that mark an effective Company Secretary. We will encourage attendees to share their own experiences so that they can consider how best to tailor the role to suit the current and future requirements of their business.
09.30 - Registration
10.00 - Seminar
12.30 - Close with lunch
Who should attend?
Company Secretaries, Directors/Heads of Governance, Chief Executives and Finance Directors who:
- Are looking at ways to improve their governance and risk management structures
- Want to hear how other housing associations and sectors use the Company Secretary role to enhance their business
AFTERNOON: High-performing Audit and Risk Committees
Audit and Risk Committees have a vital role to play in the effective governance of housing associations. The Committee is core to the control and assurance framework. Our seminar will look at the changing demands on the Committee and the characteristics of high performing Committees, including:
- The role and responsibilities of the Audit Committee and its relationship with the Board
- The interrelationship between the Audit Committee and other committees, particularly in managing risk (e.g. development risk)
- The specific role of Committee members
- How to ensure appropriate controls and assurance
- Relationship management with key stakeholders including internal and external audit, the executive team, the company secretary and the regulator
We will be joined by the Chair of a high-performing committee who can share their experiences.
12.30 - Registration with lunch
13.30 - Seminar
15.30 - Close
Who should attend?
As for the morning session, but additionally Board and committee members who may find the session helpful in their roles.
Please be aware that places for this event are limited, and when registering you are not guaranteed a place until it has been confirmed by the events team. Our clients will have priority over non-clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to ensure that as many people as possible are able to attend. If the circumstance should arise that we are heavily oversubscribed on an event, we will limit the number of places per organisation; in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team to confirm preferred attendees. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least 2 weeks before the event date.