08.30 registration, welcome begins at 09.00, refreshments at 11.30, reflections at 13.10 followed by a light lunch at 13.20
The full agenda can be accessed here.
- Reflections from several London trusts on their service transformations and improvements following implementation of ‘learning from deaths national strategy’
- Insights from how the new serious incident framework will improve patient safety and support staff involved in serious incidents.
- Expert panel debate with leading experts from the NHS, Trusts and legal profession sharing their experiences of inquests and learning.
- Launch of new learning materials to support staff prepare for coroners court.
Facilitated round table discussion, focusing on:
- Learning from Serious Incidents – working with patients to shape safer services
- Supporting staff through difficult serious incidents and inquests
- Shift in investigations from ‘who is responsible?’ to ‘what is responsible?’
- Using legal mediation to improve resolution for families and NHS providers
- Coronial insights on preparing and undertaking inquests to improve the learning
Please be aware that places for this event are limited, and when registering you are not guaranteed a place until it has been confirmed by the events team. Our clients will have priority over non-clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to ensure that as many people as possible are able to attend. If the circumstance should arise that we are heavily oversubscribed on an event, we will limit the number of places per organisation; in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team to confirm preferred attendees. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least 2 weeks before the event date.