Bevan Brittan will be hosting its next series of procurement updates on the following dates:
REGISTER HERE: Birmingham 04/11/2019, Bevan Brittan LLP, Interchange Place, Edmund Street, B3 2TA
REGISTER HERE: Leeds 05/11/2019, Horizon, 2 Brewery Wharf, Kendell Street, LS10 1JR
REGISTER HERE: London 06/11/2019, Etc.Venues Farringdon, 51-53 Hatton Garden, EC1N 8HN
REGISTER HERE: Bristol 07/11/2019, Mercure Bristol Holland House, Redcliffe Parade East, BS1 6SQ
We will cover legislative and policy developments, including Brexit. There will be a focus on the practical impact on procurement processes of a number of recent UK court decisions.
Topics (subject to any last minute policy developments, court decisions or major announcement on procurement in the context of Brexit) will include:
- The new Modern Slavery Procurement Guidance
Plus a number of questions/issues prompted by recent UK/EU court decisions:
- What happens if you abandon a procurement in the light of a procurement challenge?
- Drafting of contract notices – do you have to stick to the description in the notice once the contract is awarded?
- Court of Appeal on “Ocean Outdoor” leases - service concessions, contracts for pecuniary interest or land transactions?
- Exclusion of contractors for prior poor performance
Who Should Attend?
- Legal Advisors
- Procurement Officers
- Project Managers
As you will see, we are making a nominal charge of £25 for attendance at these events - which are always heavily oversubscribed. We introduced this charge for the Procurement Updates in summer 2018, in an attempt to reduce last minute no-shows. There were very few no-shows at those events and we have therefore decided to continue to make a charge.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch with you within 3 working days.