Bevan Brittan has recorded its strongest rankings to date in the newly published independent directory to the legal sector, Legal 500.
In the 2022 rankings, 13 of the firm’s practice areas have been ranked in the prestigious ‘top tier’, including Social Housing; Local Government; Construction and Healthcare and for the first time Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury: Defendant (West Midlands).
There was also recognition for Bevan Brittan’s growing reputation within the Energy and Resource Management market with a ranking achieved in Yorkshire and Social Housing in the Midlands.
On an individual level, 21 of the firm’s lawyers are now ranked as elite ‘Leading Lawyers’, while it doubled the number of ‘Rising Stars’ and increased its ‘Next Generation Partners’, demonstrating the depth and breadth of the firm’s expertise across both its established and emerging markets across the country.
In total, the firm is now ranked across 44 practice areas, while 102 of the firm’s lawyers were mentioned in the Legal 500 commentary for their standout contribution to their respective practices.
Top Tier practice areas:
- Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury: Defendant (West Midlands)
- Clinical Negligence: Defendant (South West)
- Construction (South West)
- Employment: Bristol (South West)
- Healthcare (London)
- Health (South West, Yorkshire)
- Local Government (London, South West, Yorkshire)
- Personal Injury: Defendant (South West)
- Social Housing (South West, Yorkshire)
- Social Housing: Local Authorities and Registered Providers (London)
- Alison Buckingham (Social Housing)
- David Hutton (Local Government)
- Helen Andrews (Construction)
- Ian Caplan (Commercial Property: Development)
- Joanna Lloyd (Clinical Negligence: Defendant)
- Jonathan Turner (Construction)
- Judith Barnes (Local Government)
- Kathryn Lawrance (Planning)
- Louise Robling (Construction)
- Michael Boyd (Health)
- Nadeem Arshad (Energy, Project Finance & PFI)
- Paul Taverner (Personal Injury)
- Rosemary Jago (Health)
- Sarah Lamont (Employment: Bristol & Local Government)
- Sharon Renouf (Health)
- Steve Eccles (Property Litigation)
Reflecting on the positive results, Bevan Brittan’s Managing Partner Duncan Weir said:
“After a year of support and delivery for our clients through the most testing of times, it is incredibly pleasing to see the expertise and calibre of our legal teams recognised across these Legal 500 directory rankings.
“These results reflect and recognise the firm’s growth strategy over the last few years with continued market-leadership recognised in Social Housing, Healthcare, Construction and Local Government with rankings now being achieved in Energy & Resource Management and the spread of ranking across the country in Birmingham, Bristol, London and Leeds.
“At the end of day we are a people business and our clients say we are good people to work with and with 102 lawyers named in this year’s Legal 500 commentary, with 22 as elite leading lawyers, this is an outstanding achievement and shows the depth of our legal talent.”