I specialise in property transactions with experience in real estate transactions in the residential and commercial sectors, including acquisitions and disposals and landlord and tenant work. My work includes advising clients on secured lending transactions including residential and commercial property portfolio incorporations and refinances, acting for a range of banks and lenders.
I advise corporate clients, property investors and developers, land owners and institutional lenders as well pension schemes and local authorities.
- Advising a London Borough Council with regards to the £46m acquisition of a retail park and the £6.25m acquisition of a development site close to its current Council offices. The second transaction involved advising with regards to an overage on the site to be triggered on disposal or on the implementation of planning permission.
- Advising another local authority with regards to the £6.85m acquisition of a shopping centre.
- Providing property support for a £15.5m corporate acquisition for a London Borough Council. The Council was acquiring the company from which it leased its current offices.
- Advising a Leeds based private property investment company with regards to acquisition of its portfolio worth around £8m and subsequent grant of leases to occupational tenants of the premises.
- Acting for a Harrogate based property investment company with regards to its acquisition program and also in relation to the grant and renewal of leases to the occupiers of its portfolio, which is worth upwards of £150m.
- Advising various private pension schemes with regards to the acquisition of commercial premises and subsequently with the grant of leases to occupational tenants of the premises. I have also undertaken secured lending work for private pension schemes.
- Acting for Receivers with regards to the sales of various commercial properties, both auction sales and open market sales, mainly for properties with sale prices over £1m.
- Acting for several London Borough Councils in relation to their housing stock acquisition programs, which involves predominantly advising on the acquisitions of leasehold residential properties, and also in relation to lease extensions pursuant to the statutory rights for flat owners contained in Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.