Employment law and HR update: the hottest topics of 2018 and future developments
Seminar Timings: 14:00-16:30, followed by festive drinks and mince pies.
What did 2018 mean for employment law and HR and what's on the horizon in the near future? As ever, there is no shortage of change to get to grips with, and in this session we will look at three key areas which impact on the work of HR professionals and in-house counsel.
- Health and wellbeing at work. This is a topic which has come to the fore for HR this year, as the workplace is identified as a playing an important role in the wellbeing agenda. What should you be doing to protect employees and manage your potential liability?
- Disability discrimination. Caselaw on this topic has moved forward again this year, with important new rulings on knowledge of disability and discrimination arising from disability. We will provide an update on the latest legal position and discuss practical issues around managing disabled employees, particularly those who are away from work with long term conditions.
- What does the future hold?
This session will focus on
- The UK's departure from the European Union and how Brexit is likely to affect your overseas recruitment and your legal obligations; and
- Cases, legislation and policy developments to look out for in 2019 and beyond. We should be delighted if you would join us for drinks after the formal training session, where there will be further opportunities to network and meet members of the Bevan Brittan employment team.
Each of these topics will be followed by discussion and knowledge sharing between the speakers and delegates, enabling an exchange of views and insight into current practice.
We should be delighted if you would join us for drinks after the formal training session, where there will be further opportunities to network and meet members of the Bevan Brittan employment team.
There is no charge for this update or catering. We anticipate that this event will book very quickly, so please ensure you reserve your place as soon as possible.
This session is aimed at HR professionals and in-house legal advisers.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at email@example.com and a member of our events team will be in touch with you within 3 working days
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date. Will you repeat this ? Even though we may not repeat the specific one, we will be holding other events that may be of relevance to you so please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your chosen areas of interest.
Registering to attend this event grants permission to the organisers to use your contact details to get in touch with you about this event as well as other similar events they plan in the future.