registration: 09:30 - 10:00
seminar: 10:00 - 13:00 followed by drinks
The practical impact of the Supreme Court's surprise decision to quash employment tribunal fees is now being felt: employment tribunal and Acas statistics are showing steep rises in claims, with the inevitable effect that 2018 is the year that employers must polish up their dispute resolution and employment tribunal management skills.
The session outlined below will take an interactive, real-world look at the full range of issues around dealing with increased litigation risk, ranging from preventing claims getting off the ground, through to strategies for dealing with claims that go through to a full hearing. We will cover 'tips and traps', and will include practical questions for delegate discussion.
- Current trends and likely future developments
- Dealing with retrospective claims and fee refunds
- Reputational risks – new public portal for tribunal decisions
Nipping claims in the bud
- Effective disciplinary and grievance management
- Without prejudice rules / protected conversations
- Acas Early Conciliation and COT3 agreements
Handling claims: tips and strategies
- Analysing merits and litigation risk – fight or settle?
- Disclosure obligations and avoiding disclosure traps
- Witness statements and giving evidence
This event will be of interest to anyone involved in employee relations and managing employment tribunal claims, including HR professionals and in-house legal advisers.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch with you within 3 working days
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date. Will you repeat this ? Even though we may not repeat the specific one, we will be holding other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.
Registering to attend this event grants permission to the organisers to use your contact details to get in touch with you about this event as well as other similar events they plan in the future.