Bevan Brittan has once again performed well in this year’s Chambers & Partners 2022 directory, the prestigious independent guide to the legal profession.
In the newly published guide, the firm has maintained its six Band 1 practice areas, including ‘Employment: Employer: Healthcare’, named for the first time last year. The firm has been ranked in 15 other practice areas, up from 14 last year thanks to the addition of Social Housing: Finance (UK-wide) for the first time.
The firm received praise for being ‘highly knowledgeable’, ‘responsive’ and ‘reliable’, with ‘good client care skills’.
Individually, Bevan Brittan’s lawyers have performed exceptionally well, with 40 lawyers achieving a ranking, up from 37 last year – with Partner Emily Heard for Public Procurement (UK-wide) achieving a top ranking and one of 11 Partners ranked in the top Band 1.
Band 1 practice areas:
- Social Housing (North East & Yorkshire)
- Social Housing (South West).
- Employment: Employer: Healthcare (London).
- Healthcare (UK-wide).
- Local Government (UK-wide).
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide).
Band 1 lawyers:
- Julie Cowan-Clark (Social Housing, North East & Yorkshire)
- Alastair Currie (Employment: Employer: Healthcare, London)
- Joanne Easterbrook (Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant, UK-wide)
- Emily Heard (Public Procurement, UK-wide)
- Julian Hoskins (Employment, South West)
- Sarah Lamont (Employment, South West)
- Louise Leaver (Social Housing: Finance, UK-wide)
- David Owens (Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial, UK-wide)
- Jodie Sinclair (Employment: Employer: Healthcare, London)
- Hugo Stephens (Social Housing, North East & Yorkshire)
- Richard Stirk (Social Housing, North East & Yorkshire)
These rankings reflect a year of growing momentum for the national law firm, which last month revealed its strongest performance to date in The Legal 500 directory rankings.
Commenting on these robust results, Managing Partner Duncan Weir said:
“To see an increase in both the number of ranked practice areas and lawyers in this year’s Chambers guide is a significant achievement and I am proud of our legal and support teams’ ability to take their market knowledge and commercial acumen coupled with their client care skills into producing these excellent results.
“This improved showing follows our best ever performance in the Legal 500 2022 directory last month, offering compelling support for our status as market-leaders across our six Band 1 practice areas. Plus the increased ranking within Social Housing Finance reflects the growth in our Banking & Finance team with new Partners Louise Leaver and Deborah Rowntree joining in 2020.
“Ultimately, we are recognised as good people to work with as our legal teams consistently go the extra mile for our clients. Throughout a challenging 18 months we have shown our ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances at short notice to continue delivering expert legal advice.”