I am a specialist housing management lawyer and part of the firm's Housing and Property Dispute Resolution team. I specialise in all aspects of housing management including anti-social behaviour, emergency injunctions, tenancy fraud, hoarding and cases raising complex mental health issues. I also appear for clients as an advocate in County Court proceedings.
- I regularly assist large national and smaller regional social housing companies in managing their housing stock. I accept instructions in connection with possession proceedings of all types including ASB injunctions and disrepair cases. I am frequently instructed appear at hearings in the County Court on behalf of my clients.
- I act for a number of supported accommodation companies often with tenants with complex psychiatric needs. My work for these organisations covers all aspects of housing management including trespass proceedings, gas access matters and tenancy breach issues. In particular, my role in this particular sector includes the engagement of vulnerable tenants and often involves detailed assessments on capacity and proportionality
- Recently, I have been acting for a number of housing associations in respect of a growing amount of disrepair claims made against them by tenants through this emerging practice area.
- I am currently instructed to act for a London Borough Council in the recovery of their service charge debt from their leaseholders. This involves managing an extensive portfolio of County Court money claims and matters in the First Tier Tribunal.
- I was recently a speaker at Resolve ASB's regional seminar where I contributed to a discussion in relation to the various ASB tools and powers available to practitioners. I also provide general legal updates and training to clients and organisations within the housing industry.