I am a real estate lawyer and specialise particularly in development and investment work. A large proportion of my work over the last 34 years of practice, has been development advice in a whole range of sectors, from retail and mining through to manufacturing and industrial.
I have also advised a significant number of clients, both national and international companies, relocate their manufacturing operations and headquarters within the UK. I advise clients on many complex and high value development deals as well as on mixed use developments, particularly within the hotel and retail sectors.
Over the years I have acted for a plethora of different types of clients, getting to know them, understanding their requirements and becoming their trusted advisor across all disciplines. My clients include: a family-owned group of companies who use me for all their development and commercial work in London; a well-known stately home estate, various well known property developers; manufacturers, construction companies and a whole host of others.
I have strong managerial expertise and know how to get the best out of the teams I work with. In my former position sitting on the management board of a sizeable regional legal firm, I helped build a highly respected commercial property team which became one of the foremost real estate teams in Leeds. The team consisted of 17 lawyers (including five partners) which formed part of a wider real estate team of between 40 and 50 solicitors, encompassing residential development, property litigation, planning and construction lawyers.
- Acting for Bayford Mining by setting up prospecting licences and the leases for surface mining at Parlington Estate and Hawks Nest Wood sites.
- Advising the adjacent landowner the Holy Trinity Church in conjunction with the Trinity Shopping Centre in Leeds.
- Acquiring large mixed retail/office investments in Soho and Wimbledon in London.
- Acting on behalf of the developer, Crown Group, on various mixed use developments in Putney (a hotel development), Mayfair (for restauranteur occupiers), Ealing and Fulham.
- I helped negotiate the acquisition of a 13 acre Greenfield site in Dalton, North Yorkshire for animal food producer, I’Anson Holdings Limited. The site will be home to the first new mill development to be constructed in the UK for 40 years and a solar farm in phase 2 of the development.
- Advising Siemens Healthcare in their acquisition and development of their new 26 acres manufacturing R&D facility in the UK.
Simon Jackson is totally professional, has a close eye to detail and pursued with great energy the desired outcome for us as his client, pointing out the issues of contention, but with a solutions-based approach. He represented our interests about matters beyond our knowledge base to excellent effect, achieving the required result.