Bevan Brittan has a breadth of experience in working with technology companies, providing legal advice in all areas of technology law and IP law.
We understand the need to work to the highest standard and are able to provide a one-stop, integrated advice service drawing upon expertise across the firm’s Corporate, Commercial, Employment and Regulatory teams.
Regardless of the size of your business, whether you are seeking to expand your business and markets, or an independent provider developing or purchasing digital solutions, Bevan Brittan's technology team can advise you and help you to thrive.
- Advised an international hardware and product supplier on its strategy for engaging with and supplying to the public sector market, including strategies for optimising its bid process whilst enabling it to negotiate appropriate contract terms
- Advised a large organisation on the strategy to procure a multi-million pound, complex ICT service which included hosting, application management, applications development and a SIAM from multiple suppliers whilst ensuring an end to end solution was delivered
- Advised a national rugby union on the procurement and installation of new screens through its national stadium from small HD flatscreens in its corporate hospitality boxes through to the giant screens over hanging the pitch
- Advised an international software development company on its acquisition of a number of other software companies including advising on the corporate transaction, full due diligence of IP and ICT assets, employment and pensions issues arising from the acquisition.
- Advised a professional services regulator on its procurement of ICT services. This included contracting for software development services using the agile development methodology.
- Advised a manufacturing company on the protection of and exploitation of intellectual property worldwide. This includes the creation and negotiation of a variety of commercial and corporate arrangements allowing the company to partner with corporates within other jurisdictions.
- Advised a client on the joint exploitation of IP created through a software development contract. Arrangement was to share the future exploitation of the created software between the client and the developer.
- Advised an international mobile telecommunications handset manufacturer on a European risk management strategy concerning trade mark and branding issues arising out of the £multimillion global launch of its new range of smart phones. We also drafted and negotiated a global trade mark coexistence agreement between the client and a major international corporation in order to avoid the risk of future conflict and to allow the product launch to proceed.
- Advised a local authority on its options and strategy to bring to an end early a Development Commercial Exploitation and Services Agreement relating to an innovative adult social care personal budget management solution.
- Advising a local authority in relation to a complex ICT contract dispute regarding their ability to set-off against sums due to the contractor on exit losses suffered by them as a result of failures in service delivery both during the life of the contract and on exit. The potential claim and counterclaim value was in excess of £2m.