The Planning for the Future White Paper was issued in August 2020, detailing what it calls the “biggest shake-up since the Town and Country Planning Act 1947”.
The paper contains a range of proposals that are intended to streamline and modernise the planning process, improve outcomes on design and sustainability, reform developer contributions and ensure more land is available for development where it is needed’.
The proposals have not, however, received universal support and have largely been criticised by both the development industry and planners alike.
This webinar hears from Kathryn Lawrance and a panel of industry experts as they discuss the Planning for the Future White Paper.
- Kathryn Lawrance, partner, Bevan Brittan
- John McAuliffe, group MD, McAuliffe Group
- Darren Clarke, partner, Arcadis
- Chris Miller, director of development, Midland Heart
- Martyn Pask, managing director - East Midlands, Redrow Homes
- Richard Lawrence, director of regeneration, City of Wolverhampton Council
Host: Kurt Jacobs, editor, Insider Media
Read the Insider Media post-event article