I am an experienced employment lawyer specialising in the public sector. In particular, I work with local authorities and Fire and Rescue Services advising them in relation to the whole range of employment issues. I frequently advise in relation to disciplinary and capability issues (including in relation to statutory officers), restructures and redundancies, trade union relations, equal pay, TUPE and employment disputes and litigation. I have a good deal of experience dealing with high profile issues concerning workplace culture and related issues.
I am also an experienced investigator and undertake both complex employment related investigations and Code of Conduct investigations. I also more generally support governance colleagues as appropriate in respect of employment related governance issues (for example, disciplinary procedures for Chief Executives/statutory officers).
I also frequently deliver training and workshops.
Charlotte's areas of expertise
- Local Government
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Employment disputes and litigation
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Contingent workforce and the gig economy
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Industrial relations and trade unions
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Statutory Officer Discipline