Practitioners Guide to Public Sector Insurance
Monday 29 November 2021
In partnership with
This CIPFA open training webinar session will provide delegates with a good understanding of public sector insurance, including handling claims, procuring public sector insurance, and the public liability and service risks.
The programme is aimed primarily at public sector insurance practitioners, from entry level and above, or those who are simply seeking an understanding as to how insurance and risk are managed within the public sector.
The training will give attendees an understanding of the basic insurance contract, the claims process, a working knowledge of the key risks faced within the public sector, how to procure public sector insurance, and how to manage insurance fund and insurance claims data.
Who should attend?
- Public sector insurance practitioners from entry level
- Public sector insurance practitioners who are seeking a refresher
- Other Public Sector practitioners who are seeking to gain an understanding as to how insurance and risk are managed in the public sector.
How will you benefit from attending?
- An understanding of the basic insurance contract
- An understanding of the claims process
- A working knowledge of the key liability risks that face an authority
- An overview of how to procure insurance for an authority
- A knowledge of how to manage an insurance fund and insurance claims data.
Please use the registration button to take forward your booking. This course can be booked using any network wide (corporate) CIPFA subscription places or with any CIN prepaid places as part of your individual CIPFA network subscription. For any CIPFA Network subscribers not using pre-paid places the price to attend the training is £295 + VAT and for all other attendees the price is £345 + VAT.
If you have any enquiries regarding this event please contact Jennifer Walton at CIPFA
Continuing Professional Development Scheme is based upon individuals' needs and objectives. This activity may count towards your professional development as set out in the Institute's Guidelines. A CPD certificate is provided for attendance at this training course.