I am a banking and finance lawyer specialising in housing finance. I have been acting for borrowers and lenders for over 20 years, and represent a broad range of clients including corporate borrowers, registered providers, charitable entities, property developers, banks and institutional investors.
I advise on all types of loan agreements, security documentation, intercreditor and security trust arrangements, swap transactions and capital market issues. I specialise in supporting and advising clients in the social housing sector to raise funds, whether through short-term revolving credit facilities or longer-term private placements and bond issuance. I also advise on development finance, acquisition finance, off-balance sheet delivery models, joint venture arrangements and restructurings.
I am recognised for providing commercial and pragmatic advice to clients and for using my experience acting for borrowers and lenders to evolve and document new funding structures.
I have contributed articles in the housing press, such as Social Housing, Inside Housing, 24 Housing and Local Authority Building & Maintenance.
- Supporting a large housing association through a £250m bond issuance, merger and subsequent group restructure and related refinancing
- Acting for institutional investors in relation to over £1billion of private placements
- Advising a global pharmaceutical company on all aspects of a multi-jurisdictional refinancing
- Lead lawyer advising a large G15 housing association on structuring their PRS portfolio and accessing funding through the PRS Government Guarantee scheme
- Advising a leading housing association on the first unsecured revolving credit facility in the social housing sector
- Acting for a charitable trust on their debut private placement
- Leading the finance and property teams advising an institutional investor on a Channel Islands-listed private placement for an advertising hoardings business
Is a private placement right for you?
Legal 500 Spotlight: Louise Leaver
The New Shared Ownership Scheme – more questions than answers
The Government’s proposed changes to the shared ownership scheme
Governance Spotlight - The vital link between Governance and Treasury
A quartlery spotlight on Governance matters
Helping Registered Providers raise funds quickly and efficiently in...
Ten points to consider
Social Housing Loans: Maintaining financial stability during the COVID...
Social Housing Loans: Managing liquidity during the COVID-19 emergency...
COVID-19: Social Housing Loans
Can registered providers access the government support schemes?