Bevan Brittan has announced the promotion of 15 colleagues, including one Partner, as it continues to build its business and invest in its teams following another strong financial year.
Its latest promotions round sees Susan Trigg, based in the Leeds office, promoted to Partner at the firm. A further eight colleagues move up to Senior Associate and another six are promoted to Associate.
Seven of the promotions come in the firm’s Bristol office, with three in Birmingham, four in London and one in Leeds.
Eight of the new promotions are female, while six of the team move up in roles having originally joined the business as trainees. The successful candidates are:
- Susan Trigg (Clinical Risk, Leeds)
New Senior Associates:
- Victoria Barman (Commercial & Infrastructure, London)
- Jaspal Basra (Litigation, Advisory and Regulatory, Birmingham)
- Aimee Cottam (Property, Bristol)
- Anna Davies (Commercial & Infrastructure, Bristol)
- Peter Francis (Commercial & Infrastructure, Birmingham)
- Lauren Halliday (Clinical Risk, Birmingham)
- Deborah Jeremiah (Clinical Risk, Bristol)
- Trevor Watt (Litigation, Advisory and Regulatory, Bristol)
- Scott Couzens (Commercial & Infrastructure, Bristol)
- Kyle Duggan (Litigation, Advisory and Regulatory, Bristol)
- Oliver Glynn-Jones (Property, Bristol)
- Francesca Hedges (Commercial & Infrastructure, London)
- Catherine Maddox (Commercial & Infrastructure, London)
- Toby de Mellow (Clinical Risk, London)
Jodie Sinclair, who became Bevan Brittan’s new Senior Partner on 1 May, said: “I am delighted that we have been able to promote so many colleagues again this year after another successful year for our business – all 15 thoroughly deserve this recognition for the fantastic contributions they make every day to our firm and our clients.
“I joined Bevan Brittan as an assistant 21 years ago, so have first-hand experience of how our culture and approach enables people to achieve their potential on merit, regardless of their background. With Susan’s promotion to Partner, this now means that 43% of our Partners are female.
“We intend to continue to attract and retain a diverse workforce who have so much to offer our clients in terms of their sector knowledge and experience, technical ability and passion for what they do.”
Further changes within Bevan Brittan’s senior leadership team see Property Partner James Atkins become the new Leeds office head and Corporate Partner Christian Hunt become the firm’s new national Head of Commercial Services.
The announcements are rounded off by the news that Finance Partner Louise Leaver will become the firm’s new national Head of Housing, leading a highly-respected Housing team which has grown significantly and is recognised as a leading practice by Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners across the country.
The firm has also seen seven new partners join in little more than 12 months, with two having moved to Bevan Brittan already in 2021 with Property finance expert Jessica Church and experienced pensions lawyer Nigel Bolton.