Global heating and biodiversity loss are both tangible threats to the future of our planet and we recognise our duty as a business to play an active role in addressing them. Our vision is to be an environmentally sustainable business, moving to net zero carbon emissions.Nathan Bradberry, Partner, Environmental Sustainability Lead
Environmental sustainability is no longer a business ‘nice to have’, but as a responsible and forward-looking business it is imperative for all of us to play our part within the communities in which we work.
At Bevan Brittan environmental sustainability means:
- taking steps to first understand, and then to reduce our carbon footprint
- reducing the environmental impact of the resources that we consume
- challenging our key suppliers to reduce their carbon footprint and environmental impact; and
- helping our colleagues to make informed choices about their own carbon and environmental impact.
With the support of our Bevan Brittan Green Ambassadors, we will be raising awareness, promoting environmental sustainability and identifying ideas and initiatives that help support our environmental objectives.
These activities will go hand in hand with the work of our Energy and Resource Management Legal Team in supporting our clients with their own low carbon and sustainability plans.
In 2021 we will:
- achieve certification to ISO14001, the recognised environmental management system, which will enable us to measure (and be audited on) progress towards our chosen environmental objectives
- offset our carbon emissions with Gold Standard accredited schemes and attain the UN’s Climate Neutral Now accreditation, as a first step towards achieving a net zero target.