I am a partner in our Commercial and Infrastructure department and Head of our Infrastructure Practice.
I provide legal and commercial advice on all aspects of projects (construction / EPC through to service delivery, operation and maintenance) in the energy, waste, renewables, rail, road, water, nuclear (civil engineering), tunnelling infrastructure, education, leisure, health and housing sectors.
I regularly present at seminars and workshops on these work areas including topics such as business case development / strategic objectives, involvement of key stakeholders, legal risks and pitfalls, project structuring and legal models.
Summary of Experience:
ENERGY / DISTRICT ENERGY
- Acting for energy generators, developers, lenders, energy off takers and technology providers including renewables such as biomass, solar and wind
- Acting on district energy, heat and cooling networks and energy efficiency projects across the UK
- Advising on the creation of municipal energy supply companies
CONSTRUCTION AND CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Over 12 years' experience negotiating, drafting and advising on bespoke and standard form construction and engineering contracts (including WIDIP, SOPC4 (PFI/PPP), NEC, IChemE Red Book, FIDIC, MF/1, ICE/ICC, JCT)
- Acting in development and regeneration projects on behalf of Developers, Contractors, major Sub-Contractor packages, Local Authorities, Commercial Tenants and Funders/Investors
- 1 year secondment at Costain (one of the UK's leading, tier one engineering contractor with an annual turnover in excess of 1 billion) advising on numerous major infrastructure developments including Hinkley Point C, Thames Tideway Tunnels, AMP6 Water Schemes, Swansea Tidal Lagoon, London Bridge Redevelopment, Cross-Rail and a number of significant Highways
WASTE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Acting for Local Authorities, contractors, equity funders, feedstock suppliers and technology contractors in PFI, PPP and merchant Energy from Waste (EfW), Energy Recovery Facilities (ERF), Advance Thermal Technology (ATT), Anaerobic Digestion (AD), Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) and Material Recycling Facilities (MRF)
- Advising on waste services delivery and environmental matters including waste collection, haulage, street cleansing and recycling contracts
Bevan Brittan advises on Norfolk Coastal Management Project
I really really do appreciate your work and advice which as always has been excellent and it is so reassuring for me to have you on the team. Your support and advice has been a rock upon which I can place all my trust and without which we wouldn't have got the excellent deal we have achieved on this contract. All my personal thanks and thank you from Viridor for such a great job.