The current economic and environmental climate, budgetary constraints, the demand for better user engagement coupled with more sophisticated users and user devices as well as the exponential increase in available data has increased the need for flexible, future proof IT Solutions.
Many organisations are investing in emerging technologies to drive transformational change; streamlining internal processes and managing assets remotely, to aid efficiency and improve their customers/user experience.
We are working with public and private sector organisations, from housing associations, local authorities and the NHS to private sector construction and technology providers, to guide them in the development, sale, procurement and implementation of these emerging technologies, and to move away from traditional models of delivery and contracting.
Our team of experienced technology lawyers support all aspects of buying and selling ICT products and services with a focus on mitigating or removing those challenges, whether it be licensing of COTS software, development of new software, supply of Cloud services (SaaS, IaaS and PaaS) or the full outsourcing of ICT systems.
Given the nature of ICT, we have a team who are experienced and can support clients across markets whether you are:
- a private sector organisation selling or buying ICT;
- a public body, Social Landlord or third sector organisation procuring ICT or providing ICT to other organisations either as a shared service on as a service;
- an organisation developing either yourself or in collaboration with a third party development company software or other technologies to enhance your business or commercialise
Our team will be able to support you.
Of course the initial contracting is only the first element of deploying ICT and our team are experienced in supporting contract management (including performance/KPI management) of ICT contracts and where necessary assisting in contract renegotiations or advising on formal disputes.
- Advising a number of an NHS Trusts on the procurement of an Electronic Patient Record Solution.
- Advised an international hardware and product supplier on its strategy for engaging with and supplying to the public sector market, including strategies for optimising its bid process whilst enabling it to negotiate appropriate contract terms.
- Advised a large organisation on the strategy to procure a multi-million pound, complex ICT service which included hosting, application management, applications development and a SIAM from multiple suppliers whilst ensuring an end to end solution was delivered.
- Advised a private limited company on procuring a place on the Government market platform GCloud for the sale of cloud services to the public sector.
- Advised an international software development company on its acquisition of a number of other software companies including advising on the corporate transaction, full due diligence of IP and ICT assets, employment and pensions issues arising from the acquisition.
- Advised a software company on the licensing model for exploiting its software worldwide.
- Advised a professional services regulator on its procurement of ICT services. This included contracting for software development services using the agile development methodology.
- Advised a public body on a multimillion pound dispute relating to the failed delivery of ICT services.
- Advising a local authority in relation to a complex ICT contract dispute regarding their ability to set-off against sums due to the contractor on exit losses suffered by them as a result of failures in service delivery both during the life of the contract and on exit. The potential claim and counterclaim value was in excess of £2m.
Bevan Brittan specialists support London borough on £83m affordable homes partnership
23/09/2022View all News
An overview of the key changes set out in the Health and Care Act 2022
Health and Care Act 2022: A guide for Health Commissioners and NHS Trusts / Foundation TrustsView all Events
Local Authority View #45
September 2022 #45 Your round-up of local authority related news and viewsView all Articles