When allegations of sexual misconduct involving students are made, these raise significant issues for higher and further education providers.
Virginia Cooper, Amy Tschobotko, and Deborah Jeremiah who are partners and a senior associate, respectively, in our Higher Education Team, looked at how to deal with practical issues which face providers in this context.
In particular, our speakers covered:
- Dealing with allegations – reporting systems and the initial response
- Running investigations – public law and other considerations
- Supporting students
- Developments in the policy landscape
- Multi-agency working and safeguarding
- Complaints – managing and dealing with OIA complaints
- Information sharing.
This was the final session in the series of webinars that we hosted in March, covering a range of different topics across the higher education sector.
Other events in the HE Spring Webinar series include:
Information security, technology and data sharing - 1 March 2023
Employment and immigration issues affecting higher education in 2023 - 8 March 2023
New obligations for building and fire safety coming in 2023 - 15 March 2023
Subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter - Higher Education Today.