I am an experienced solicitor advocate specialising in public law litigation, children’s law and human rights. Before studying law, I was a senior nurse in the NHS.
I have written several articles including:
How Should Local Authorities Capture New Local Safeguarding Arrangements?
Safeguarding Partners: Are you ready for 29 June 2019?
- I am an astute and experienced court advocate and have experience in First Tier Tribunal SEND appeals including under the National Trial and the duties contained within the Children and Families Act 2014.
- I head up a team of children law lawyers across local authority, education and health. I have experience of private and public law cases and safeguarding across the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- I have advised on governance at a strategic and operational level including the four cornerstones of governance - patient safety, operational efficiency, ethics and compliance. I sit on an ethics committee in the South West and am involved with the national network. I have inputted nationally into ethics health policy.
- I have Judicial Review experience across responsible commissioning disputes; human rights challenges and children transition arrangements into adult services.
- Successfully acted for a number of health organisations on human rights issues, particularly around children and adults at risk including Court Of Protection and the Inherent Jurisdiction of the High Court.
The combination of Deborah’s clinical background and specialist and legal expertise is invaluable