Mediation in the Court of Protection is different to mediation in other litigation.
In this session, Katie Scott from 39 Essex Chambers and Sandra Clark and Gill Blackshaw from NHS Devon ICB considered:
- What is mediation?
- How does mediation work in the Court of Protection?
- What kinds of matters/issues might be suitable for mediation in the Court of Protection?
- Are there any specific considerations for mediation in the Court of Protection?
- Reflections from a public body’s lived-experience of mediation in the Court of Protection; and
- Top tips for successful mediation.
Sandra and Gill are both nurses who work in the commissioning teams at NHS Devon ICB. They have been involved in a mediation in a Court of Protection matter.
Katie specialises in welfare, treatment and human rights matters and is also an accredited mediator.