I am a Banking lawyer based in our London office specialising in providing funding and finance advice to local authorities, housing associations, private sector lenders, contractors, banks and other public and private sector bodies. My experience includes advising on a variety of finance matters, such as debt and equity finance arrangements (including secured lending), project finance, housing and development finance, joint ventures, loan refinancing and restructuring.
I have experience as a major infrastructure projects lawyer which enables me to provide cohesive funding advice across a variety of project types and sectors (including housing, education, health and energy) and to manage complex projects to completion on budget and on time.
Examples of my experience include:
- Advising Warrington Borough council on the provision, management of and variation to loan facilities totalling in excess of £430 million to multiple housing associations.
- Advising Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust on the £261 million refinancing of the Bexley Wing of the St James's University Hospital PFI Project in 2017 comprising a mixture of bonds and notes.
- Advising Brighton & Hove City Council in relation to the financing of its £120 million joint venture with Hyde Housing to provide 1,000 new affordable and shared ownership homes.
- Advising Places for People on the creation of and lending into a number of joint ventures vehicles for the delivery of retirement housing including its £200 million venture with Octopus Investments.
- Advising Aviva Commercial Finance in relation to the funding of multiple PPP schemes in England, Scotland and Ireland.
Advising a bank and hedging provider on the voluntary termination of a PFI project.