I am a partner in the commercial healthcare sector. Since spending time on secondment with the Department of Health early on in my career, I have specialised in advising both the NHS, organisations that do business with the NHS and care providers about commercial and regulatory issues.
My experience includes advising on significant capital projects, outsourcings, complex procurements, joint ventures and the effective management operational PFI projects. I am also advising on the transactions which are arising out of the need to change the way health and care is provided as well as the policy of delivering integration between the NHS and local government, including devolution. I have an interest in helping to develop the role that housing can play in delivering greater efficiency across the sector.
My clients include the Department of Health, NHS Foundation Trusts, Commissioners, local authorities as well as independent sector health and social care organisations.
I have contributed a number of articles for various publications, including:
- "Sustainability and Transformation Plans" – published in several Local Government journals
- "Integration between the NHS and Local Government" – published in the Health Services Journal
- "FT status" – published in the Health Services Journal
Seminars and Training
I regularly speak at conferences and conduct many in-house training sessions for clients on subjects including:
- "The Role of Housing in Health": Chartered Institute of Housing National Conference
- "Accountable Care Organisations"
- "Effective Management of PFI Contracts"
- "Sustainability and Transformation Plans"
- Leading the team which completed the procurement phase of the £750m Birmingham New Hospitals project
Michael Boyd joined Bevan Brittan from DWF in September 2015. He has a broad transactional practice and has substantial expertise in the regulation of healthcare companies. He has clients in both the private and public sector.