We are specialist lawyers in the Solar and Battery industry. We have advised on over 60 solar and battery projects including those of a size to be deemed Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects dealing with land issues, securing planning and permits, obtaining finance, project structuring, grid connection and power purchase contracts.
Through our deep sector expertise, we provide our clients with up to date market advice, develop suitable project delivery structures, ensure bankability, and minimise commercial risk.
The team comprises genuine leaders in their field... Individuals within the team go the extra mile to really ingratiate themselves within our business team and working with them is good fun.
We support clients throughout the life cycle of the project from inception to financing. We are experts on dealing with legal issues in the as well as being able to advise construction and helping to manage operation and maintenance issues and plant infrastructure.
We have extensive market knowledge. Some examples of sector issues and challenges we are advising on include:
- complicated title issues and unregistered land
- Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects
- phasing of multi-phase sites
- planning and permitting issues
- EPC and EPCM delivery models
- construction and commissioning issues
- health and safety compliance
- grid connection issues and developing
- private wire networks including grid sharing arrangements.
How we can help
Examples of our work includes advising:
- Boom Power Limited on two Nationally Significant Infrastructure projects. East Yorkshire when built will export approximately 400 megawatts of electricity and Fenwick, a 333 megawatt solar and battery project
- Standalone Battery Energy Storage System project at Baddesy, Hampshire with acapacity for 114 megawatt hours of energy allowing circa 2 hours of grid distribution
- Hive Ethical Solar Portfolio Limited, sale of two operating solar sites
- Boom Power Limited Firsfield, 96 acres with 46.99 megawatts capacity and integrated battery storage
- Engie on the preparation of precedent Solar PV documentation for the roll out of Solar PV across both public and private sector roof top estate
- a developer on a project involving the procurement of Solar PV and LED systems for the roll out over multiple PFI and PPP projects across Local Authority and NHS estates
- Rochdale Borough Council on the installation of Solar PV across multiple leisure estates including preparing bespoke power purchase agreements with the incumbent FM operator
- Smart Grid and Battery Storage Project, Cambridgeshire, including funding, European Regional Development Funds and state aid issues in relation to the UK’s largest solar carport. The project involves solar PV, LED lighting, battery storage and forms part of a demonstrator project involving UK Power Networks and Bouygues
- Leicestershire County Council on the energy supply arrangements for its school estate involving the installation and PPA arrangements for solar PV and biomass boilers
- a private sector contractor on procurement issues arising from Power Purchase Agreements relating to solar PV and variations to existing PFI projects
- The Downing Investment Group’s SPVs in respect of numerous EPC and other contracts for rooftop-mounted solar projects at various sites in the UK
- Together Housing Association, one of the UK’s largest registered providers, in respect of power purchase arrangements and energy efficiency contracts
- Nord LB as lender on the EPC and O&M arrangements for Hazel capital’s 3 solar projects, which were the first project-financed UK solar plants in the UK
- sponsors in respect EPC and O&M aspects of solar PV projects in Zambia and Nigeria
- Telford and Wrekin Council on a procurement to appoint a provider to deliver a Solar Farm Energy Centre.
Low-Carbon Network development at St James’s University Hospital to be connected to Leeds PIPES district heat network
23/05/2023View all News
Practical and Legal Guidance for Assessing Capacity
Bevan Brittan Education Lunchtime Training Webinars 2023View all Events
Spotlight on: New grounds for possession
The Renters (Reform) Bill – Spotlight SeriesView all Articles