We provide commercial and sensitive advice in relation to equality and diversity issues, equal pay, bullying and harassment, grievances and the provision of alternative dispute resolution.
We appreciate the risk to your organisation's reputation and drain on resources that can arise when a problem with equalities arises. We work with our clients to swiftly resolve concerns, whether they be initial complaints raised as grievances or otherwise or complex high value claims.
Our areas of expertise in relation to equalities issues include
- reviewing policies, procedures and practices
- training managers and staff
- advising on the application of the duty to make reasonable adjustments
- equal pay and gender pay gap reporting
- access to public services and the public sector equality duty (in relation to both workforce and service provision issues)
- balancing competing rights of protected groups.
- advising on issues of reputational risk
We pride ourselves on our ability to give you advice in the right commercial and policy context, with a practical focus.
We are regularly praised for our down to earth, solution focussed approach. Whilst we are careful to provide thorough and well- reasoned advice, it will be couched in terms that can be readily understood: the options will be clearly laid out, with a recommended pathway identified and linked to likely outcomes. We do not believe in sitting on the fence.
We provide a friendly, responsive service to our clients, recognising the often urgent nature of employment law advice. We are always happy to talk through any formal written advice before it is provided, whether in person or over the telephone. We provide approachable support for day-to-day queries, whether 'helpline' style or in person. When it comes to the potentially stressful court or tribunal environment, we are on hand to provide support every step of the way, for all those involved.