I am a partner and head of Bevan Brittan’s planning team. I advise on all the issues involved in bringing sites forward for regeneration and sustainable development including compulsory purchase advice, negotiating planning agreements, advice on highways matters and stopping-up applications, planning appeals, listed building and conservation area applications, contaminated land and the defence of town green applications.
I have a full understanding of the present and emerging legislative and policy framework which underpins the planning applications process and my objective is always to work closely with our clients to secure the best possible practical and commercial outcome.
- Advising the London Borough of Hounslow on the exercise of its compulsory purchase powers to deliver the £750m redevelopment of Brentford Town Centre to include a waterside residential led mixed-use development in conjunction with a private sector developer.
- Advising the London Borough of Enfield on exercising its compulsory purchase powers to deliver a residential led regeneration scheme in Ponders End to include housing, retail, community space and recreational facilities and a separate site that will deliver affordable housing.
- Advised Wycombe District Council on the compulsory purchase of land required for a spine road to serve a mixed-use regeneration scheme.
- Advising Cotswold District Council on the delivery of a 2,500 dwelling urban extension to Cirencester.
- Advising South Hams District Council, Plymouth City Council and Devon County Council on the drafting of a complex planning obligation required to deliver the requisite infrastructure and facilities to support the exemplar Sherford settlement of up to 5,500 dwellings near Plymouth.
Seminars & Training
I regularly present seminars on planning and environmental issues on subjects such as: the compulsory purchase process, getting the most out of the planning process and negotiating planning agreements.
[Kathryn] is "excellent... very responsive and provides a really good service. She'll take a 50-page document and boil it down into the key issues." She is particularly well known for her expertise in CPO work.