I lead Bevan Brittan's local authority team in London.
I specialise in large scale regeneration and development schemes. I also advise a wide variety of national and regional public and private sector organisations involved in this area, including Greater London Authority, the Homes and Communities Agency and the City of London, as well as a range of significant London Boroughs and other local authorities across the UK.
I have a particular interest in specialist joint venture structures involving public/public and public/private partnerships, ranging from projects involving establishment of corporate special purpose vehicles, through bespoke investment models such as the Croydon Council Urban Regeneration Vehicle, to a series of purely contractual joint venture collaborations and other arrangements.
Some examples of large scale regeneration/development projects I have been involved with include:
- Advising the Olympic Park Legacy Company and subsequently London Legacy Development Company on the funding and development of the Olympic Stadium and Aquatics Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, as part of London 2012.
- Advising on the Homes and Communities Agency and Sheffield City Council's contractual collaboration for the retail-led development of the Sevenstone area of central Sheffield.
- City of London Corporation's £500m joint venture with Henderson Global Investors for the retail-led redevelopment of the former General Market and Annexe Building, Smithfield Market.
- London Borough of Ealing's partnership with Queens Park Rangers Football Club for development of a new, state of the art training ground and Sports Academy at the 61-acre Warren Farm sports ground.
- Representing the London Borough of Lambeth on its £250m Somerleyton Road project, forming part of the Council's wider 'Future Brixton' scheme, involving creation of significant new retail and leisure accommodation as well as over 280 new homes, significant new health and education facilities, coupled with a scheme to relocate the Oval House Theatre, set to comprise a key component of the new development.
- Advising the London Borough of Ealing on its £50m redevelopment of Acton Town Centre, involving creation of a significant new retail offering, over 500 new homes, new leisure and community facilities as well as significant additional new infrastructure.
- Representing the Homes and Communities Agency on its 10-year joint venture with Kier Homes, Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and East Midlands Ambulance Service, for the £150m development of the Manor Kingsway Hospital Site in Derby to create over 700 new homes and a high-quality business park to service, and provide circa 450 jobs for the area.
- Advising the Homes and Communities Agency on its £150 million joint venture with Urban Splash and Great Places Housing Association for development of Park Hill, Sheffield, to create over 3,000 new homes for the benefit of the local community.
In addition I also act for several registered charities, including in particular the Orders of St John Care Trust, in relation to a variety of care home developments across the Country.